Monday, August 01, 2005

My Secret Pal is Psychic and Canadian Eh?

(Trying to fight the screaming associated with the post I just wrote getting deleted due to my pop up blocker) I can't recreate it at the moment - just can't do it. So let's just say ~

My secret pal sent me way cool stuff. A hand knit scarf, a nifty magazine, some cute sticky notes and three balls of Patons Grace in Azure. My pal is psychic because I had been wanting some cotton yarn to do some crocheting but couldn't bring myself to indulge in this treat. I was also excited to see my pal is Canadian - I don't think I have ever received an Air Mail package before :)

On the knitting front - Crumpets is done but needs to be blocked - pictures will follow soon! I have begun Clapotis and I need to start a baby blanket for my cousin and her boyfriend who are expecting a little boy in Nov. I picked up some Patons Pixie yarn but am now worried about using it as it is discontinued and some people have said they hated working with it. But it is fluffy and cute and my cousin LOVES soft fluffy stuff! Now I just need to find a pattern for it.... Any suggestions???

By the way - Stitch and Pitch was fun! :) I made a bunch of progress finishing Crumpets and the night was beautiful!!! I now think all sporting events should have a night like this! :)

2 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

That's a fantastic haul!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Thrilled it has arrived.
I was so worried that you wouldn't like my choices...makes me a bit more confident in my next shipment...LOL

SP