Yes, I did take this picture in my bathroom - But I just couldn't wait to put up a pic of Crumpets! The party is tomorrow (I had my weekends mixed up) and I just finished her. She's a bit big for Miss Tamzin who will eventually be wearing her... But I know she will grow into her Crumpets! I'm not sure about the elastic inside and I rewove the ribbon about four times trying to find just the right look! I am so happy that she is done! Crumpets was a fun yet challenging knit - I learned bunches while making her. This may be the most complex project I have done thus far! :)
Technical specs: I used almost three skeins of Cotton Ease in Candy Blue. Did the picot cast on from Vogue Knitting (Boy was that fun - Not So Much!!!), made adjustments in the ties, and used more beads than the pattern called for - not sure how many but maybe 1 and a half times the amount. I swatched and then cast on for the 1 year old size - but as the bodice came together I realized this was going to fit a two year old! I adjusted the length to compensate. Lined the bodice with elastic. If I made this again I would possibly use a smaller size needle as she seems a bit loosely knit. I would also buy a longer length of ribbon than the pattern calls for. I'm not sure I'd use the Cotton Ease again as it was VERY splitty on the needles. Note to self - if you make this again make the ties way way longer than you think they need to be! PS I never knew I could LOVE - I mean LOVE my iron! I touched the dress up a bit with the iron and it made all the difference in the world - especially on the crochet edging on the bottom!