Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Secret Pal 5 Questions and Answers

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

Although a bit embarrassed to admit it I am a yarn snob. I definitely prefer high quality and natural fibers and wouldn't touch Red Heart or Lion Brand. I am not opposed to novelty yarns though - it's not like I would ONLY let my precious hands touch cotton or wool.


2. Do you spin? Crochet?

Just started learning to crochet.... still working on it! I go back and forth between liking it and hating it because it seems frustrating.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

I didn't think so until I ended up in the ER for a severe allergic reaction on Monday.... I am now trying to stay away from things that could cause any kind of allergy. :(


4. How long have you been knitting?

About two years.


5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Froogle


6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Hmm that is a hard one. I have a lot of scented stuff but I am always willing to try something new. I like lavender, almond, vanilla, and other assorted herb-y stuff! I really like scents like they have at L'Occitane.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Yup! I like all sorts of sweet stuff... lately I have been having a hankering for gummy candies and red licorice (but I HATE black licorice). Chocolate is ok but for some reason I just LOVE marzipan!


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Not to many really... I was pretty craft-less until I took up knitting. I do like fixing things around the house but I wouldn't say I am a pro at it!


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I love music! All kinds! Folk, Bluegrass, World Music, some Country, Hip Hop, Classical, Jazz.... you name it I probably like some of it. Currently I have been listening to Jill Scott, Joss Stone, Mark Bursard, Jack Johnson, Madeline Peyroux, Alison Krauss and Union Station, and Carbon Leaf but who knows when you will catch me throwing on the Indigo Girls, Lauryn Hill, Dixie Chicks, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Diggable Planets, Bob Marley, Ani Difranco or.....


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I tend to like Blues and Purples. I think I am a more of a bright color person than pastels. I love pink lately but really am not sure.... what does one make out of pink yarn????


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I recently ended a seven year relationship and am living alone with my two cats, Cider and Dickens. I am enjoying the single life as I haven't really had a chance to do that as an adult. I live near both of my parents and live in the city in which I grew up.


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

My dreams include having a successful career, expanding my private practice, having a partner I love and enjoy coming home to, traveling to new and exciting places, having a family and living a long and happy life.


13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Anything soft! There are so many things I have not tried yet. I have knit with a lot of Cascade 220 and I enjoy that but feel like there is more I should be trying. I made an alpaca scarf for a friend of mine and really enjoyed the softness. Making my first cotton dishcloth was an experience and I was surprised how much that yarn was almost like string.


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Anything with too much man made stuff in it!


15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Trying to find patterns I like, wanting to try new yarns especially something from knitpicks.com. I am also interested in trying bamboo and cashmere. I haven't tried any Debbie Bliss yarns, Manos del Uruguay or Rowan but I really want to. I am obsessed with finding new things I could knit! I am also obsessed by trying to find a circular knitting needle case to keep my needles in that won't break the bank!


16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Felted stuff - especially bags. I would like to knit more sweaters and stuff but finding patters for plus size chicks that are cute is challenging!


17. What are you knitting right now?

One cabled scarf, a shawl from a kit (that I don't like very much) and a tea cosy that is half finished.


18. What do you think about ponchos?

Won't the trend ever end?!?


19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Circular all the way!


20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Bamboo!


21. Are you a sock knitter?

I have tried but I didn't really love it. Would it be easier on a circular needle???


22. How did you learn to knit?

My grandmother taught me when I was very young but then I relearned again when I took a class at my LYS and was hooked. Funny thing was I had gone to a psychic (I never go to those things) who said she pictured me taking a class in something and I decided that she meant I should go take a knitting class!


23. How old is your oldest UFO?

Hmm lets see... so old I can't remember! I think it must be the chenille flower wash cloth I can't seem to get to work right. :(


24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

I don't know that I really have one... I guess I would have to say cats.


25. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas!


26. Is there anything that you collect?

Cookbooks maybe... I also have a little seashell collection I hope to do something with some day!


27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None.


28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Maybe 200 Crochet Blocks or Cozy Crochet (I wish I could tell if the patterns in here are cute!)

No comments: