1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Colorful and soft! I really really am a natural fiber girl! I enjoy wool (mmm alpaca especially) and cotton - I have some bamboo in my stash but I haven't tried it yet. I like blends with natural fibers (ie silk garden) and am interested in trying more natural fibers (soy, corn, hemp...) that I haven't yet experimented with. I REALLY REALLY DON'T like synthetic fibers and even hesitate if a fiber such as wool is blended with it. I am not big on novelty yarns lately and also seem to be preferring dk weight to things that are more chunky. I would love to try something that has cashmere in it.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I am still developing a system. Now I have a variety of things including some tins, a plastic bin and a soft binder with plastic pouches to store the circulars.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I think that I have been knitting for about five years although somehow I have kind of lost track. My paternal grandmother taught me long ago but I really picked up the skill when I took a class at my LYS. I would consider myself an intermediate knitter but working toward advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I had both but have not updated forever.... I will try to do that soon and let you know when/if I do!
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
This might sound silly but I have to say I have been not big on scents lately. Lots of things seem to give me headaches so I really prefer things that are mild and made with natural products. That said - I prefer vanilla and citrus scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
hehe - I wish I didn't but I do! I love marzipan and tend to be a person who likes gummy and fruity things (jelly belly's) but not big on chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I want to spin! Just took up scrap-booking!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Folk, bluegrass, jazz, world music, country.... I like quite a variety... I can play MP3's
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like purples the most- also blues and pink! Not a big orange fan!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Two cats - Cider and Dickens. Single but in a relationship.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to scarves, hats and mittens. NO to ponchos!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
hmmm this is a hard one... I think I am still searching. I have to say I loved clapotis and have been enjoying some of the little kid clothes I made recently. I also like felted items.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Sort of in between projects- I am working on a dishcolth from Mason Dixon knitting - I have at least one pair of socks that the first sock needs it's mate. Just finished a project and looking for a new one to start - likely it will be a Christmas gift of some sort.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circular. Addi turbos or bamboo. Not so into plastic but curious about these new ones with the light up tips!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder - but can you please influence someone close to me to buy me that nice wooden swift! ;)
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Mmmmm maybe three or four years!
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I like Christmas. I am also now looking VERY forward to Mardi Gras as I am planning a trip to Nola for it this year!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
This is a funny question as I am trying to NOT collect so much stuff. I am trying to declutter and purge!
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Hmm now I can use this as a place for friends and family to know what I am dying for too! My high price item would be those new needles that knitpicks is selling (I think they are called Options). I also really want to try something with Cashmere - maybe "Pure Cashmere" by Debbie Bliss. I like Rowan yarns but haven't tried many of them. Cash Iroha, Cashmere Island and Iro (all new from Noro I think) look very interesting. I'd also love to try something from Briar Rose Fibers. I'd also like to have the books Knit Fix and Knitting Without Tears. I don't have any knitting magazine subscriptions.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I wish I could refresh my brain on the crochet... it seems hard for me to remember most of it. I am interested in learning to spin.. but a bit hesitant that it is super complicated!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I wear a size 10 or 11 shoe and can't seem to knit a sock to save my life that fits me! I also don't seem to have the patience to finish a whole pair!
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)