Some of this may be a repeat from SP 5 but I did edit! :)
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I am an self proclaimed yarn snob. I definitely prefer high quality and natural fibers and rarely touch Red Heart or Lion Brand. I am not opposed to novelty yarns though - it's not like I would ONLY let my precious hands touch cotton or wool.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Spin - No
Crochet - Yes
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
4. How long have you been knitting?
It blends together.... two years or so?!?
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I do but I will get back to ya on the link!
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love things that are naturally made with real ingredients and not fakey perfumes. I guess my favorite scents at the moment are lavender and vanilla.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?Yup! I like all sorts of sweet stuff... Lately I have been having a hankering for gummy candies and red licorice (but I HATE black licorice). Chocolate is ok but for some reason I just LOVE marzipan!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I recently bought some stuff to try to make my own beaded stitch markers but I haven't had a chance to get to it yet. I want to try dying my own yarn with kool aid but haven't gotten around to that yet either.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I love music! All kinds! Folk, Bluegrass, World Music, some Country, Hip Hop, Classical, Jazz.... you name it I probably like some of it. Currently I have been listening to The Duhks, The Ditty Bops, Jill Scott, Joss Stone, Mark Bursard, Jack Johnson, Madeline Peyroux, Alison Krauss and Union Station, and Carbon Leaf but who knows when you will catch me throwing on the Indigo Girls, Lauryn Hill, Dixie Chicks, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Diggable Planets, Bob Marley, Ani Difranco or.....
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I tend to like Blues and Purples. I think I am a more of a bright color person than pastels. I am also trying to embrace the fact that I LOVE PINK!
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I recently ended a seven year relationship and am living alone with my two cats, Cider and Dickens. I am enjoying the single life (but not always loving dating) as I haven't really had a chance to do that as an adult. I live near both of my parents and live in the city in which I grew up.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
My dreams include having a successful career, expanding my private practice, having a partner I love and enjoy coming home to, traveling to new and exciting places, having a family and living a long and happy life.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Anything soft! There are so many things I have not tried yet. I have knit with a lot of Cascade 220 and I enjoy that but feel like there is more I should be trying. I like alpaca and enjoyed using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino when I made Miss Dashwood. There are so many new things I want to try!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Anything with too much man made stuff in it or that splits easily.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Trying to find patterns I like, wanting to try new yarns, thinking of projects I can make that won't take me forever to finish, looking for cute sweaters that work on plus sized people, wishing for a really cool way to store my needles and a neat knitting bag.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Felted stuff - especially bags. I would like to knit more sweaters and stuff but finding patters for plus size chicks that are cute is challenging!
17. What are you knitting right now?
Clapotis, a cabled scarf (still), and a baby blanket.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Ick!Won't the trend ever end?!?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I really like circular but am interested in trying some of the really nice pretty wooden ones that are available.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
21. Are you a sock knitter?
No! I gave up! I have at least one pair that is somewhere unfinished!
22. How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother taught me when I was very young but then I relearned again when I took a class at my LYS and was hooked. Funny thing was I had gone to a psychic (I never go to those things) who said she pictured me taking a class in something and I decided that she meant I should go take a knitting class!
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Hmm lets see... so old I can't remember! I think it must be the chenille flower wash cloth I can't seem to get to work right. :(
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I don't know that I really have one... However my secret pal from secret pal 5 liked Hello Kitty a lot and I have to admit I think I am starting to like her as well.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Cookbooks maybe... I also have a little seashell collection I hope to do something with some day!
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I am not sure I am dying for any of them.... Maybe 200 Crochet Blocks or Cozy Crochet (I wish I could tell if the patterns in here are cute!)
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?
That is a good question! I am sure there are but I will need to do some research.... Will update when I get back from Baton Rouge!
30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
LOL I have no idea! I wear a size 10 or 11 shoe.... and I prefer socks that are super thin... So not ones that I would knit! If I was gonna knit socks for myself they would be more likely to be used as slippers around the house so I would make them out of something nice and warm. But then again maybe you can knit thin socks!?!