Tuesday, November 22, 2005

An odd email....

Last night I logged on to a random email account to find that I had a message waiting for me at classmates.com I was shocked to see that it was from my ex boyfriend from high school. I haven't talked to him since he dumped me on Christmas eve 1993 (I think that was the last time we spoke). Anyway this is what I received:


From:
R
To:
Jennifer
Sent:
November 20, 2005 08:55:11 PM
Subject:
A long overdue, heartfelt apology


Jennifer,
This was a shot in the dark, but I'm glad it worked. I owe you an apology. Hopefully, you've forgotten me and this won't mean anything to you. I, however, have not forgotten, and I've realized over the years how much I owe you an apology. Over ten years ago, I behaved like a dumb, selfish kid, and tried to use a sweet, loving, beautiful young woman to satisfy my own wants. Thank God you didn't let it go too far! You certainly did not deserve what I did, and I am truly sorry. I hope all is well with you, and I wish you success in everything that's important to you.
Sincerely,
R

I was ASTOUNDED to get this. I never thought I would hear from this man again let alone have him apologize for his behavior.

It gave me faith in dating again.... Somehow it is good to know that as we get older we really can realize our mistakes.

I wrote back to him. I am so curious what prompted him to send this.

1 comment:

Shelli said...

perhpas a little of step 9?

regardless, it's wonderful that he wrote, and such lovely words he used to describe you!

:)