Sunday, November 20, 2005

I love nights like this...

Cold and crisp but not wet. It's foggy tonight but a comfy cozy kind of foggy - makes you want to just light a fire or snuggle up under your down comforter. I had a pretty good day today - got my house cleaned (I love having someone help do this - almost like having rent-a-partner someone who can clean while I do laundry!) I also hosted my cooking club - New Orleans inspired food, and went to see Harry Potter.

Lately I have been addicted to NPR segments on hurricane Katrina - I found out that you can subscribe to a feed on bloglines that lets you know when new Katrina stories are available for listening. I don't quite know what to say about why I want to hear all of these stories but somehow it feels important to keep all of this in my mind.

I really want to go back to New Orleans and I have been looking into ways to do this in the last week or so. I haven't let my family or my job know that I want to go back but I figure if it seems like it will work out I will talk to them about it then.

I am trying to get together some knitters to help me with a little Louisiana inspired knitting project so if you have any desire to knit a hat, gloves or scarf for someone special who has been effected by Katrina drop me a line and I will tell you more!

No comments: